How can we help you?
At Feel Better Nutrition we aim to help you make a fresh start and give you a new perspective on your eating and health, even if you are starting right from the beginning. For others, you may have already overcome some issues or need help with tackling one or more remaining concerns, with the aim of achieving a specific goal or to further optimize good health. We also love clients who are doing pretty well but want to feel even better!
In order to do this, we work through your health and nutrition history to make a full analysis. As well as your current symptoms, we take into account your unique body chemistry and life experience to develop a programme for you. We look at your existing diet to help you make changes, educate on new diets and for some, we may recommend food-based supplements or food botanicals and licensed herbal medicines. We also recommend lifestyle changes for health and mental well-being. We look at any current doctor's tests results you have as well as suggesting further tests with your doctor or a private laboratory. As practitioners of functional medicine, we may recommend further nutritional or metabolic testing.
For more information on vitamin, mineral and other kinds of metabolic tests (e.g gut function, essential fatty acid levels and pathways, hormone levels etc.) click here
What makes working with Lorna and her consultations unique?
For more information on consultations click here
The following are some examples of situations in which Feel Better Nutrition can assist and support you:
Men and Women:
- Educating you on food and meal choices for the best nutrition and nourishment. Especially if you are stuck in food 'rut' and would like help looking at your food from a new perspective.
- Support with eating patterns for a specific purpose or medical condition, e.g. promoting healthy digestion.
- Supporting a healthy immune system.
- Choosing the best diet/lifestyle to cope with or support an existing medical condition.
- Optimizing healthy energy levels and supporting a healthy endocrine system (e.g. adrenal glands/system, thyroid gland).
- Support to cope with the pressures of a modern lifestyle (juggling work, travel and home life etc)
- Supporting healthy emotional and psychological well-being.
- Supporting balanced hormone levels (including thyroid and adrenal hormones, or sex hormones for example).
- Optimizing sleep patterns.
- Supporting the gastrointestinal (digestive) system to help promote healthy digestion and elimination.
- Promoting tolerance to a wide range of foods or food groups.
- Supporting healthy detoxification and 'routes of elimination' (e.g. the liver and digestive system).
- Guidance with using licensed herbal medicines, herbs as foods and naturopathic techniques in your daily diet and lifestyle.
- You feel that you are less healthy than you used to be and need help getting 'back on track'.
- Supporting the structure and integrity of the body (e.g bones, muscles, tissue, ligaments and more).
- Discussing genetic trends and conditions in your family history, and how to optimize health if you are (or may be in the future) affected by these.
- If you have suffered a set-back in overall health (after a period of convalescence, for example) and would like help to return to optimal or better health.
- Supporting a healthy female endocrine system and organs (e.g. ovaries, womb; and glands that influence their activity such as the thyroid and adrenal glands).
- Supporting healthy fertility, pregnancy and post-pregnancy.
- Supporting specific life stages such as menopause.