As part of your Feel Better Nutrition programme, it may be helpful for you to undergo tests that are not offered by your GP or through your surgery/hospital.
Feel Better Nutrition uses only the most respected private UK medical laboratories who use the best facilities and sophisticated methods of analysis of body chemistry and function. These laboratories are headed by medical and nutritional research teams and used by nutritional therapists, medical physicians and other practitioners.
What are the benefits of testing:
- Test results may give helpful general insight which forms part of your unique health picture.
- Regular testing provides a means of monitoring change and indeed progress, (where a 'before' and 'after' view may be helpful).
- Tests may identify your levels of nutrients including vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. This is particularly helpful if there are suspected issues of deficiency or 'insufficiency'.
- Tests may give us a picture of hormonal changes. These include sex hormones, adrenal and thyroid hormones.
- Tests may help to identify how well you tolerate certain foods or food groups.
- Tests can help to identify biochemical imbalances (for example, high or low levels of amino acids).
- Tests may give a helpful insight into your individual body chemistry. For example, they can look at the presence of certain amino acids required for metabolism, and how these are used in your body.
- Tests may be helpful to look at supporting a healthy immune system - or indeed any other body system (e.g. endocrine).
- Tests may show how you are detoxifying and metabolising different kinds of hormones, nutrients and more.
- Tests may show the environment of the digestive tract and identify pathogens such as parasites or bacteria.
- At certain life stages (e.g. menopause), tests may be helpful to optimize health during that specific stage.
Your practitioner will speak to you about testing, if you require it, during your consultation.
Please note that the price of tests is not included in your fees for the consultation.